|May 31, 2011 - Visible progress!|
I decided the wiring was in good enough shape to install the dash. The harness is still pretty accessible, but it's more awkward of course. It was quite a wrestling match trying to get the dash back in, it's the first time I've tried that while there was a windshield in the car.
The navigator's footrest is in, the defrost system is hooked up, the switches are wired - it's getting closer. There's no functioning speedometer in the car at the moment but with the rally computer that's not a big problem. I'll address that later.
I did realize that my current fan wiring does have a vulnerability - the right fan is completely dependent on the left fan for a trigger. If something goes wrong with the left one, I'll lose both. I know how to wire this so that both fans are independent, but I'll deal with that later.
entry 846 - tags: interior, conversion, wiring
|July 29, 2011 - One of the fun parts about race cars is how quickly they come apart.|
It doesn't take much to make them look pretty comprehensively disassembled. Today was a day to do a lot of general fixes to the car, as it's going to be taking a lot of people for rides during the Flyin' Miata Summer Camp starting in less than a week.
The roof is off and the seats are out so I can put some extra bracing in to the back of the seats. While those are out, I have a number of small other jobs to do. For example, Janel's sub belt was a few inches too long, and that can only be adjusted with the seat out.
entry 887 - tags: interior