Targa Miata
This is the last entry
October 2, 2013 - The master cylinder failed at the last track day.
It was an old salvage part that had been pushed hard - but I took it as an opportunity to upgrade. The previous setup used a 15/16" master cylinder from a Mazdaspeed. The Mazda 929 used a 1" master, and it bolts right on. Well, once you've reshaped the brake lines it does.
The result is a bit more braking effort and a firmer pedal. I figured I'd give it a try, so I installed a brand new 1" part. I took the opportunity to clean up the routing a little bit as well. The pedal is definitely firm, we'll see how it works at the track this weekend.
tags: weight loss, interchange