|May 24, 2007 - Chop chop!|
A bit of work with the angle grinder and some tin snips took a bunch of weight out of the trunklid. This steel panel is about as heavy as the aluminum hood! The hinges and latch are removed, and I'll pin it on. The bracing removed from the bottom of the trunklid is probably about the same weight as the spoiler I'm going to glue to the top, but I can't resist it.
Last time I did this to a trunklid I went a little further, but I'd prefer to keep the Targa Miata's trunklid weatherproof so I used the gasket mounting surface as my cut line.
tags: weight loss, interchange